When is Cremation Service in Broken Arrow, OK the Right Choice?
Losing a loved one can be one of the most difficult experiences of your life. It is important that your loved one is treated with dignity and respect, fulfilling your family and deceased loved one’s wishes. This is what you can expect from us. We are a low-cost and highly personal cremation business that is dedicated to our community and the families that have suffered loss. At the Cremation Society of Oklahoma, we are committed to ensuring the availability of the lowest cost cremation services while providing, compassion, kindness, and respect for the families we serve.
Since 1983, Cremation Society of Oklahoma have provided families with simple and affordable and Worry Free™ cremation services. With our excellent staff, we are dedicated to serving you and your loved ones with the sensitivity and compassion that you deserve. You can rely on us if you don't want a fancy funeral and prefer something much simpler.
We are the largest provider of complete cremation services and we operate our own crematories. Call us today at (918) 499-8787 or email through our safe and secure contact us form to schedule a time for you to personally inspect our state-of-the-art cremation services facility located in our Oklahoma Funeral Board Licenced Cremation Care establishment in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Across the nation, families and individuals are discovering the value of cremation care. When a loved one dies without a plan for the disposition of their mortal remains, it’s the next of kin that must decide what to do. Some families choose a cemetery casket burial, while others choose cremation service in Broken Arrow, OK. Both of these options are excellent choices, but why are families increasingly drawn to cremation services for their fallen loved ones?
For generations, death care of the deceased has been handled in much the same way as it was a hundred years ago. When someone passed away, their mortal remains are cared for by a mortuary. The body is cleaned, embalmed, and dressed. It is then laid in a casket for a traditional viewing and funeral service before being taken to a graveside for interment in a cemetery plot. The ceremonial details vary by community and tradition, but otherwise, the process remains largely unchanged.
However, in recent decades, families have sought a more individualized approach to meeting their final needs. Instead of a traditional funeral, many have elected for cremation with a memorial service. But even then, some choose to forgo the tribute service altogether, seeking a quiet, unheralded departure from this life. The reasons for making this choice are many, but generally focus on the following benefits:
- Cost: As traditional funeral care costs have increased over the years, many of today’s families simply cannot afford the cost. While there are price points to meet a wide range of budgets, often cremations are still significantly cheaper than casket burials. The needs of the living sometimes outweigh the price of a traditional funeral.
The cremation cost in Broken Arrow, OK changes a lot. The price range may vary from time to time because of different things - like the type of cremation you choose or other specific things that you ask for:
Here at Cremation Society of Oklahoma, our pricing for cremation services are as follows:
- "Just a Simple Cremation:" $1,341
- Simple Cremation with Final Goodbye: $2,889
- Simple Cremation Followed by Memorial Service: $2,479 + tax
Contact us for more information related to the costs of cremation in Broken Arrow, OK.
- Simplicity: For many families, it is not about the cost at all. Rather, it is about the need to simplify. Life is so filled with complexity and can easily be overdone in its bigger moments, that people are drawn to the minimalist approach that cremation offers.
- Environmental Concerns: Many people are concerned about the well-being of the planet. Some say that traditional funeral care causes more harm to the earth than cremations do. The use of embalming chemicals and elaborate casket materials buried in the earth are considered to be pollutive in practice. For this reason, families and individuals are choosing cremation to help minimize the impact of their death on the planet.
- Portability: Choosing cremation service in Broken Arrow, OK as the means of final disposition gives loved ones a way to keep their loved one close. In a highly mobile society that moves about more frequently than previous generations, the inurned ashes of a deceased loved one can be transported where ever the family goes. Another popular means of keeping someone close is to fabricate keepsake jewelry, made with ashes of the fallen.
- Flexibility: A traditional funeral usually occurs within a few weeks of death. Those who wish to gather for services must arrange schedules on short notice to come, often at great cost and travel distance. Cremation is a way for families to handle the immediate care of the remains, yet it doesn’t require services to be held beforehand since the body does not need to be present for a memorial. This provides flexibility for families to choose a later time for services when all who wish to come can gather at an advance planned, more convenient time.
- Choice of Resting Place: Whereas an embalmed body must be interred in a fixed location shortly after death and funeral services, a cremated body has more options for final resting places. Families can choose to keep their loved one in an urn at home, or to place their remains in an ash garden, a columbarium niche, or to scatter them in a special place where permitted by the law.
Additional Points of Consideration
Families that choose cremation care do so for a variety of personal reasons. There is no right or wrong decision when it comes to whether you choose a casket burial over cremation. It comes down to what you and your family feel is the best choice to make, given your feelings and the circumstances of the experience.
If there are any cultural or religious considerations to address, be sure to take time to reflect on these important aspects. You should also consider any budgetary needs, family wishes, and any expressed wishes of the deceased before they passed on. All of these details can provide perspective as you contemplate the decision before you and your family.
Professional Cremation Services in Broken Arrow, OK
Cremation Society of Oklahoma is a caring provider of cremation service in Broken Arrow, OK. We are located at 9120 S Toledo Ave Ste 100 Tulsa, OK 74137. If you need compassionate support, call our professionals today at (918) 499-8787.
Do you have specific plans for the veterans?
Yes, we do have. Our cremation services for veterans are designed to honor those who have chosen to endanger their lives for their countrymen. That’s why we are proud to be one of the few select few authorized and licensed Veterans Funeral Care providers in northeast Oklahoma. Learn more about our veteran cremation plans.
Why I should plan ahead?
If you are preparing your estate and getting your affairs in order, should you plan ahead for cremation, too? The answer is simple: Yes! So that you take care of your family and make sure your cremation wishes are followed. There is a tremendous burden that is lifted when your family does not have to worry about the plans for your burial or the payment that will be required. Learn more about the benefits of planning ahead in here.
Do you have memorial products and merchandise?
Yes, we do! We also offer a wide range of products, from beautiful memorial products to unique urns. If you have any questions about the items you see below, please feel free to get in touch with us. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.